It is a color

It's not entirely green, it's not entirely brown, it's not entirely black. It's just a color that blends to the nature.

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Mall in Baton Rouge...Cafe Des Amis in Breaux Bridge

I didn't go to these two places on the same day, but rather more than a week apart from each other. The first two pictures shows the mall in Baton Rouge, which is the capital of Louisiana, and the rest were taken in a small town called Breaux Bridge in Lafayette, about 40 minutes drive from Baton Rouge.Just as a comparison, the Mall sells all kinds of goods. The stores are big, and lots of spaces to move around. Most of the departmental stores sell international brands that we are familiar with.
This is possibly one of the biggest Apple store I've ever seen.
And here we move on to Breaux Bridge. It just reminds me of those cowboy movies, in a small town where everyone knows everyone. The hanging traffic lights could be a little confusing for tourists though.
Yeah, like I said... something like cowboy movies right?
I like the lights hanging around this Bistro. And the sign is hand drawn which makes you feel like... ahhhh... it's special.
So this is our target here. Cafe Des Amis, one of the nicest restaurants around here.

Inside the Cafe Des Amis is just amazing. You have all kinds of arts, hand drawn paintings, and the pillars were signed by tourists passing by from all over the world.
In one corner there's this long wooden tables with wooden chairs. It kind of gives away the medieval feel while dining.
Some artistic paintings on the walls. I am really considering contributing a piece there^^
That the small bar there, not a lot of drinks I see.
Just simple, nice and warm feeling in the cafe. They are very famous for their breakfast.
That's where I was sitting, the chair in the middle. No prize for guessing who that lady in yellow is ^^
Trying another shot in B&W.
So here's my breakfast. I don't know what it's called, but it's 2 slices of baked eggplant, in Crawfish Etouffee, mashed potatoes, and corn salad. It looks small in portion, but it's very filling.
Since it is Louisiana, you'd usually have a lot of these homemade sauces. Most of them are very similar to Tabasco sauce... hot and steamy spicy, and I love all of them!

3 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Evie Redding said...

>.< Totally didn't know you took me in one of those pics...

But yeah, I really love that place too...

Just for everyone's reference, Cafe des amis means "cafe of friends" in French...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger jasonow said...

It makes me miss US so much... I think you like US more than Germany. The mall in Baton Rouge selling branded stuff? Bought anything this time? Did you buy the 3G Iphone?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Jason: No I didn't buy any electronics. I just bought a Fossil watch for myself, and another one for Tanna. That's all. And you're right about your first sentence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yui