It is a color

It's not entirely green, it's not entirely brown, it's not entirely black. It's just a color that blends to the nature.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saya Anak Malaysia

A lot of people here, the Germans, they can't really tell if you're a Chinese, Malay, Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Philipino.... you get the point, all they know that you're an Asian, just like how we look at them and just say that they are European.

So when I start opening my mouth, they'd ask.... so where are you from? I said I'm from Malaysia. "So are you a Malay?" I said "No, I'm a Chinese" And people usually give me strange look here... "But you just said you're from Malaysia, so you must be Malay" I said "No.... I'm a Chinese of ethnicity, but I'm a Malaysian, that's my nationality" And then they go OoooOOOooooOOOoooohhhhh. And next question " So are you a muslim?" ><

So I had to go about explaining to them about Malaysia being a Islamic country but still people are free to embrace the religions as it is their Rights. And they go like OoooOOOOooOOOooooHhhhHHhh the second time..... and then the following question would probably sound like "So you are an immigrant?" >_____________< So, I decided to show my patriotism in a good way. It took me 3 hours to sew this patch onto the backpack that I bring to work everyday on my bicycle. Yeah I know it says LSU, and I bought that from Louisiana State University bookstore. ^^ But hey..... I'm flying the Malaysian flag everywhere I go, that says even more right?

5 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Evie Redding said...

^^ pfft yeah I guess the Malaysian flag says alot, but the LSU logo totally dominates your bag.... wahaha, GEAUX TIGERS! (for everyone else that's read as "Go Tigers!")

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jyon said...

...u are the 2nd person i know who would sew a flag on his bag!...

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Is there something wrong with sewing a flag patch to the bag? o___O

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger jasonow said...

Proud to be a Malaysian..good !
When I was in overseas, I used to say that I am from Singapore :) No need to explain so much.

Malaysia Boleh !

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Alex said...

No comment on the Singapore part... but I'd rather be caught dead than telling people that I'm a Singaporean :Þ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yui