It is a color

It's not entirely green, it's not entirely brown, it's not entirely black. It's just a color that blends to the nature.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lunch at the Canteen

It's not easy trying to take pictures at the canteen in my chemical park. Usually a lot of people have lunch there, and when I took the first picture, with flash of course, every single one of them in the canteen were looking at my direction wondering what the hell this cinakui doing in the canteen taking pictures of food. Ah well, like I said... sometimes it's hard to explain what I usually eat for lunch, which is my grand meal of the day... here are a few and most of the time they don't go over 5Euro. Germans love pork. This is grilled pork with sliced onion sauce, kinda taste like soy sauce. Usually it goes with the fries, and I'd add a bowl of vegetables(in this case, steamed long beans) just to make it seem 'healthier'.
This is fried fish fillet(possibly Hoki fillet as they call it, I didn't even know fish can play Hoki here) with tomato based sauce, some so-called 'asian style' rice, which if just mixture of rice and bean sprouts and slices of bamboo shots. There are also some boiled potatoes, and steamed mixed vegetables. This is as healthy as anything can get here.
I believe they call this Hawaiian style Schnitzel. They always associate Hawaii and Pineapples, so being Hawaiian style, you MUST have Pineapples... a slice of pineapple on top of the deep fried pork-breast, with a slice of gouda cheese, with some soury cream sauce. To make it work, I had a piece of vegetable lagsana and some spinach filled dumplings. Healthy? Hmmmm... doesn't matter, it's yummy ^^
This is supposed to be German-Mexican fusion. We have the sausage of course, with the Mexican sauce, with paprika, corn, lots of tomatoes, kinda reminds me of salsa sauce, but with more flavor and less spices. It again goes with the fattening fries, and I felt like having something cold so this time I had some cold rice(unbelievable right?) mixed with tuna, with olives, corn, and thousand island sauce. I know I know... it looks like puke, but it's actually quite yummy. Okay, I lied...it's gross. ^^

I'll keep adding more food from time to time.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Evie Redding said...

the sausage looks... erm.... interesting to eat. I guess.... :\

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger jasonow said...

Healthy food everyday...keep your body strong and fit. :)

At least your office canteen food is nicer than mine

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger jasonow said...

German sausage is bigger and longer than Malaysian sausage :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Yeah... they are so much longer. A lot of different types and some of them are at least half a meter long too.

What are you trying to say here ar Jason? ^^

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Leo + Boon Hui said...

jason is a naughty boy.. opps.. guy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yui