It is a color

It's not entirely green, it's not entirely brown, it's not entirely black. It's just a color that blends to the nature.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Cook-out!

Alright, it's not as serious as the title suggests. I told my friend that I was going to cook curry for him since I came back from Malaysia 2 months ago, but we couldn't find the time to do it. So it was a great opportunity yesterday(Saturday), so we decided okay! If we couldn't do BBQ then well cook curry! And it was also my sister's birthday yesterday, and this is my way or celebrating with her when I'm so far away from home I guess.

The curry paste was boiled with just 500ml of water, and then chunks of turkey meat(~1kg) was dump into the boiling curry soup. We decided to use turkey because my friend doesn't like chicken with bones, and mutton was too expensive >____< yeah, we're cheap!
And before that, potatoes were already boiled, and made into wedges, and the fried until they're crispy brown.
And the goes the potatoes into the curry.
This is how it looks like when it's done. Not a lot of garnishing, but it's aroma and taste... I can't describe it, it's just so good!
And then it's ready to be served. Usually some other vegetables should be present too, but at that time, we were just gorging the curry!! It was by far the best thing I've prepared I think ^^
And on Sunday, I cooked this. It's just fried noodles(chinese noodles) with greek style pan-fried Gyros kebab meat. The rest of the ingredients are just sauteed onion, fried chopped garlic, sliced cherry tomatoes, soy sauce, curry powder, pepper, and sesame seed oil. And the result, YUMMY! =)

5 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, the curry color is nice!!
and i believe the taste is good, :D.

PEDAS!!!

Next time cook curry mee :)

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Leo + Boon Hui said...

seriously, it really look yummy. Alex, you can actually consider open a curry chicken stall.. :)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger jasonow said...

Penang food...so familiar one ! I like it... You really know how to cook. I thought you talk talk only. :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Well the curry, I actually used the A1 Mountain Globe Brand paste. Look it up, it's easy to make. As for the fried noodles, hehehehe.. that's my specialty lar. I don't need to use any seasoning Chap-MSG anymore, I can make my own and still taste as good ^^

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Little Yong said...

Wow, Alex, must let us try your home cook one day. It looks very tempting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yui